Join the Trust
what does it mean to be part of the WHP Trust?
Joining the White Hills Park Trust
The White Hills Park Trust is a group of academies united in our mission to provide the very best opportunities for young people, with shared values, shared commitment to our locality and shared commitment to excellent outcomes.
Our Trust is founded on the principle that by working together, our schools become beacons of outstanding practice and provide opportunities and benefits for our pupils and for our local community.
Our schools are autonomous bodies, each with their own leadership, management and distinct character. However, we have a shared ethos and common values and we believe that we are stronger together. The role of the Trust is to empower our schools and support them by unlocking the benefits of working together:
- Making the most of our resources
- Running our schools with maximum efficiency
- Bringing about continual School Improvement
- Developing our workforce
- Providing opportunities for pupils
- Becoming a force for good in our community
- Establishing effective governance and leadership
- A Multi-Academy Trust (MAT) is where a number of schools join together and form a single Trust with a Board of Trustees answerable to the Trust’s Members.
- Members of the Trust are a group of independent people who are responsible for the strategic oversight of all Academies within the Trust.
- In the White Hills Park Trust, many powers are delegated to a local governing body (LGB) which have a role and membership similar to that of the current School governing body.
Shared Professional Development
Ability for School Leaders to focus on their core purpose
Opportunities for collaboration
A stronger voice
- Our students follow a broad, balanced and inspiring curriculum, both in timetabled lessons and beyond, which prepares them well for life beyond school.
- Our schools are rooted in their local community, and make a positive contribution to their locality.
- Our academies deliver high standards of achievement, reflected in excellent outcomes.
- The young people in our schools learn how to become positive citizens, with an understanding of the world around them, and a desire to bring about change for the better.
- We work in open and generous collaboration with others.
- Our schools are great places to work, where staff are valued and supported.
- High-quality, research-informed professional development is at the heart of our improvement strategy.
- We are committed to open, transparent and ethical systems of finance, leadership and management. We act in accordance with the Framework for Ethical Leadership in Education.
If you would like to discover more about our Trust and our offer to schools, please download our Handbook (PDF format) below, or read through it online by clicking the front cover as shown:
The role of the Trust is to empower our schools and support them by unlocking the benefits of working together
Words from the Chief Executive Officer
At the heart of our Trust are our pupils. We want their time in our academies to be a time of discovery and excitement, a time of life-changing opportunities and life-enhancing experiences.