Finance and Risk
managing financial services across the trust
Meet the Team
Jo HumeFinance Manager
Jo manages the operational financial processes and budgets across the Trust.
Julia GibbsChief Financial Officer
Julia produces all financial reporting to Trustees and manages all ESFA and other external financial reporting requirements.
What we offer
The Finance team ensures that academies can manage their budgets efficiently and effectively, enabling as much as possible goes into supporting teaching and learning.
The Finance Team has a statutory role in ensuring that academies maximise their funding. This comprises monitoring academies budgets including challenging and supporting academies in financial difficulties; monitoring the use of accumulated balances held by the academies and supporting the return of Consistent Financial Reports to the DfE/ EFSA. The Finance Team ensures the Trust complies with the Academies Financial Handbook.
- Regular meetings with those responsible for finance in our academies.
- A suite of Trust-wide financial policies and procedures.
- The development of the Trust’s financial strategies.
- Provision of regular financial performance reports including management accounts and year end audited financial statements.
- Management of the internal audit function (carried out by external auditors) on behalf of the Board and the management of the external audit activity, including review & sign off of financial statements.
- Management of payroll.
- Business planning including framework and key assumptions.
- Finance monitoring and reporting to Board and local governing bodies.
- Management of the financial relationships with the EFSA including completion of mandatory reporting deliverables.
To contact our Finance team, please submit a message using the form below and a member of the team will be in touch.