Equality and Inclusion
promoting equal opportunities and ensuring everyone feels included
Our equality objectives, reviewed every two years, set out our approach to promoting equal opportunities and inclusion across out Trust community.
Within the Trust and our academies, our objectives are:
- To promote a positive ethos of equality and diversity for all.
- To foster positive relations between different communities represented within our schools.
- To promote cultural understanding between ethnic groups within our schools.
- To limit the incidence of prejudice, racial and homophobic language in schools through a positive and inclusive ethos.
- To be inclusive of all regardless of gender, race, nationality, disability, sexual
orientation, religious affiliation.
- To be inclusive of all through robust and equal employment training and
- To recognise and celebrate difference and individuality through our
curriculum, educational and extra-curricular programmes.
- To recognise, and celebrate, the contribution of all groups and communities
through our curriculum design and delivery.
- To increase the proportion of people with protected characteristics among
Trust staff and those responsible for governance.
Our Equality Policy, including Race Equality and Equal Opportunities, is applicable to all Trust academies and can be downloaded below: